Monday, November 12, 2012

The GUTS!!!

I have a lot of people ask me what goes in to my kits.  Food and water is easy to explain, even the first aid kit explains itself, but the emergency supplies is what leaves people to wonder.  I decided to share the "guts" of my emergency supplies since my true purpose for doing this is to help people be prepared and not make money.
 

I have researched a lot of kits and a lot of emergency sites recommendations and came up with my kit.  I search the internet and the stores for the cheapest options for the best items and these are what I have come up with.  The picture shows at least a part of every item in the emergency supplies.
 
Most items don't need an explanation as to why it is in the kit.  Toilet paper, comb, kleenex, hand sanitizer, scissors, they all have obvious purposes.  Others do to, but why I added that specific kind may need a little explanation. 
 
A plastic whistle....have you ever seen the Christmas Story when he sticks his tongue to the frozen flag pole?  Enough said,that is why the whistle is PLASTIC!  And why a whistle at all?  A whistles sound carries further than a voice.  Remember on Titanic, Rose had to use the whistle to get the boats attention to save her.
 
A squeeze flashlight so that you don't have to have batteries making you have to keep extra batteries and making sure they are good.  Three separate candles for three separate nights, each candle burning at least six hours.  And in case your flashlight fails and your candles burn out you have a 12 hour lightstick to give you light. 
 
I use darker colored washclothes in case they need to be used for cleaning blood, trust me it helps with the shock of seeing how much blood has been lost.  A mask to keep a disease from spreading from you or to you.  Coffee filters to use in case you need to strain water.
 
When it is all together it looks so simple, but each item is there for a basic need.  I love to answer questions so if you have any just ask.  Soon to come....my first aid kit's "guts."

The "guts" are included in all Full 72 Hour Kits and with some variation in all Car Kits.  You can also purchase the "guts" or Emergency Supply Kit for $30.


No comments: